Electricity Generation Project Development
We assist clients with the evaluation of projects from an economic, a location and a regulatory perspective:
- We focus on behind the fence, distrbution connected generation project development for industrial customers. Our involvement can range from project development to equity participation.
- Our understanding of electric energy markets and generation development cost fundamentals allow us to help clients develop projects with revenues based on spot-market or over-the-counter markets while utilizing long-term supply and demand fundamentals. We have developed numerous financial models to assist clients with economic evaluations.
- Our understanding of the electric energy transmission and distribution systems, natural gas pipelines and water resources allow us to assist clients with evaluating suitable development locations.
- Our understanding of the regulatory requirements from the government agencies allows us prepare applications for approvals to the Alberta Electric System Operator, electric distribution companies, the Alberta Utilities Commission, Alberta Environment and other agencies.
- Our network of industry players allows us to efficiently develop and implement Requests for Proposals for generation project developers
We primarily assist industrial clients who are considering the development of a generation project at their facilities. Given their nature, these assignments are confidential.